My son came home with a fun list of phobia from Sunday School last week. The assignment was to figure out if all 10 of these phobias were real. Then make up some of your own phobia words!
- Arithmophobia is the fear of numbers.
- Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.
- Gataphobia is the fear of cats.
- Kathisophobia is the fear of sitting down.
- Leukophobia is the fear of the color white.
- Papyrophobia is the fear of paper.
- Verbophobia is the fear of words.
- Clinophobia is the fear of going to bed.
- Ambulophobia is the fear of walking.
- Ablutophobia is the fear of bathing.
A phobia is defined as the unrelenting fear of a situation, activity, or thing that causes one to want to avoid it. The three types of phobias are social phobia (fear of public speaking, meeting new people, or other social situations), agoraphobia (fear of being outside), and specific phobias (fear of particular items or situations).
Do you have any phobias? Some fears incapacitate people to the point that they can't leave their house, take a shower or function. Some fears make people wear gloves, hats, strange clothing or strings on their fingers to keep them "brave."
Here are some of my favorite phobias:
Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.
For more phobias, visit: http://phobialist.com/
Visit my friend Kristen's Blog to learn how to deal with Stress from phobias, such as flying. http://www.stressandhealthonline.com/blog/managing-airline-travel-stress-tips-for-business-travelers/
While you are there, wish her a Happy Birthday!