Friday, May 13, 2011

13 quotes for Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th!  Here are a few of my favorite quotes about parenting.  Enjoy!

Stay tuned for another installment of Just Ask Justin....coming soon!
  1. All children behave as well as they are treated. Jan Hunt
  2. Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry. Alvin Price 
  3. While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about. Angela Schwindt 
  4. No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids.  Bill Cosby
  5. One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is. Erma Bombeck
  6. Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  Marilyn Penland.
  7. None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.  Henry David Thoreau
  8. A person soon learns how little he knows when a child begins to ask questions.  Richard L. Evans
  9. Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep.  H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
  10. God sends children to enlarge our hearts, and make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections.  Mary Howitt
  11. Love is giving someone your undivided attention.  Author Unknown
  12. Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.  Abraham Lincoln

And my favorite:
Children Learn What They Live - Dorothy Law Neite


If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn. 
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child learns to feel shame, he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement he learns confidence
If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
He a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.

Which one is your favorite?

6 comments:

BarbaraB said...

One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is. Erma Bombeck
Not that this is my favorite, it's just that I'm at the age when I sometimes forget how old my children are.

They are all good, but I especially like 2 & 3.

Mom Does Reviews said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Barb.
I forget how old I am sometimes....my son is only 8, he keeps reminding me when I forget how old I am, isn't he sweet!
Happy Blogging!

BarbaraB said...

It's wonderful that you have a free and easy relationship with your son.

TheAdsOnUs.com said...

These are great. I love my children even when they call for money!

Mom Does Reviews said...

I guess we have to take the good with the bad when we decide to become parents. Parenting doesn't ever end! It just gets more expensive :)
Thanks for visiting!

BarbaraB said...

Fortunately, the expense does come to an end, and the parent can sit back and let the kids take them out to dinner.
But the parenting never ends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...