1. Need help citing sources for your writing? Use The Citation Machine.
Son of Citation Machine allows you to enter title, author, magazine, etc; choose which format and with one click, you have your source in the correct format!
2. Need help writing a query letter?
Agent Query has an excellent post on many do's and don't s in How to Write a Query.
3. One of my favorite words: Onomatopoeia!
For a refresher on Onomatopoeia, Examples of Onomatopoeia makes every writer zip, giggle and flutter with delight!
4. Want to make your words a work of art? Use Wordle!
"Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes." It's a fun and creative way to express yourself!
5. Do you use the same word in the same sentence/paragraph too many times?
Check out Write Words. This page counts the frequency usage of certain words in certain parts of your work. Very helpful site!
"Learn as much by writing as by reading." Lord Acton